Affirmations are positive phrases or statements said to challenge our own mindset and instill positive changes.
They work in a similar way to compliments.
When you hear something nice about yourself, it makes you feel good. It’s human nature.
The best part about affirmations, though, is that you’re not striving for a compliment from anyone else. You’re giving it to yourself. That means you can flatter yourself in whatever way you chose.
How Do They Work?
Affirmation work according to the Law of Attraction. This means that the more positive energy you put out into the universe, the more positive energy because you will receive.
By consistently repeating affirmations, you are actively raising your energy and vibrations, and subsequentially taking control over your mind and thoughts.
And yes, there’s science behind it.
A study published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience found that practicing self-affirmation helps to activate our ventral striatum (VS) and ventromedial prefrontal cortex (VMPFC), or, the areas of the brain that respond to pleasurable experiences.
By activating those rewards centers, self-affirmation is scientifically proven to make you feel more happy and positive.
How To Begin
Practicing affirmations is extremely simple. All you need to do is pick a phrase and say it to yourself. This can be out loud, mentally, or even written down in a journal.
There are no hard rules as to when to practice your affirmations, the important thing here is consistency.
Check out the list of confidence affirmations below. Once you’ve found the phrase that resonates most with you, start by repeating it 3 to 5 times a day to reinforce consistency.
30 Positive Affirmations For Confidence
- I am doing my best.
- I am a positive being, aware of my potential.
- I am growing each and every day.
- Everything and anything is possible.
- I can achieve any goal.
- What I want is on its way.
- I radiate light and love.
- There are no blocks I cannot overcome.
- Life doesn’t have to be perfect to be beautiful.
- I am resilient.
- I am brave.
- I am enough.
- Everything I need is already within me.
- I trust myself.
- My wants and needs matter.
- There is no one else like me.
- I chose my own destiny.
- There is no such thing as failure.
- I am letting go of all that no longer serves me.
- I love myself.
- I deserve everything I desire.
- I accept myself unconditionally.
- Small steps are progress.
- I am confident in my abilities.
- I feel good about myself.
- Every day I notice my confidence increasing.
- I believe in myself.
- I deserve all that is good.
- I value myself.
- I am beautiful inside and out.
As always, it’s important to truly feel your affirmation as you say or write them.
For beginners, try to dedicate a quiet comfortable space and time to your affirmation practice. This will allow you to really hone in on how the kind, positive words made you feel.
Embrace that feeling and allow it to raise your vibrations to their highest level of love. You are worthy!