Ever set a goal you weren’t sure how to achieve? Ever get halfway through something ready to quit? What about all those times you’ve thought you weren’t good enough, only to be left with guilt or regret many years down the line?
In You Are a Badass: how To Stop Doubting Your Great and Start Living an Awesome Life, author Jen Sincero explains the simple remedy:
Recognize that you are talented, worthy, and inspired. Everything that you want will come to you, as soon as you make the decision to get up and go after it.
Sincero believes that we each have something special to contribute to the world, and that something comes alive when we find our highest excitement and start taking massive action to get to it. In You Are a Badass, she covers everything with how to feel excited, inspired, and happy, to how to stop doubting what you want and actually go live it.
Her writings are based on The Law of Attraction, with the belief that anyone can learn how to raise your vibration to attract what you want.
In this post, I’ll share 45 of my favorite quotes by Jen Sincero.
Leave a comment below with your favorite, or let me know if you find any more I should add to the list!
Motivational You Are a Badass Quotes
- Give your bad habits the heave-ho.
- Fear lives in the future.
- Your reality is created by what you focus on and how you choose to interpret it.
- If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.
- You aren’t a selfish person for taking care of yourself, just a happier one.
- Self-love means never saying “I can’t.”
- So often, we pretend we’ve made a decision, when what we’ve really done is signed up to try until it gets too uncomfortable.
- Energy needs to flow or else it stagnates. Surrendering puts you in the flow.
- The mind and the body are way more powerful together than either one is alone.
- Successful people have good habits; unsuccessful people have losery habits.
- Gratitude; the gateway drug to awesomeness.
- Our thoughts become our words, our words become our beliefs, our beliefs become our actions, our actions become our habits, and our habits become our realities.
- Never apologize for who you are. It lets the whole world down.
- Don’t just hand your life over to your circumstances like a little wuss.
- When we’re happy and all in love with ourselves, we can’t be bothered with the bullshit (our own or other people’s).
- It makes much more sense to go after life with a sense of, ‘Why not?’ instead of a furrowed brow.
- Whatever level of upgrade you want, it’s available to you, right now.
- When we’re forced to do something, suddenly the time is there.
- Lame, vague goals are the best way to live a lame, vague life.
- Do not spend your life clinging to the insulting decisions you’ve made about yourself.
- You are loved. Massively. Ferociously. Unconditionally. The Universe is totally freaking out about how awesome you are. It’s got you wrapped in a warm gorilla hug of adoration. It wants to give you everything you desire. It wants you to be happy. It wants you to see what it sees in you.
- I think, therefore, I can create awesomeness. Or horrendousness.
- The moment you decide to forgive and let your negative feelings melt away, you are on the road to freedom.
- Nobody gets to be large and in charge without facing challenges and moving through them.
- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
- What other people think about you has nothing to do with you and everything to do with them.
- If you base your self-worth on what everyone else thinks of you, you hand all your power over to other people and become dependent on a source outside of yourself for validation. Then you wind up chasing after something you have no control over, and should that something suddenly place its focus somewhere else, or change its mind and decide you’re no longer very interesting, you end up with a full-blown identity crisis.
- Who you surround yourself with greatly affects how you see your world and how high you set the bar for yourself.
- It never ceases to amaze me the precious time we spend chasing the squirrels around our brains, playing out our dramas, worrying about unwanted facial hair, seeking adoration, justifying our actions, complaining about slow Internet connections, dissecting the lives of idiots, when we are sitting in the middle of a full-blown miracle that is happening right here, right now.
We’re on a planet that somehow knows how to rotate on its axis and follow a defined path while it hurtles through space! Our hearts beat! We can see! We have love, laughter, language, living rooms, computers, compassion, cars, fire, fingernails, flowers, music, medicine, mountains, muffins!
- If you want to live a life you’ve never lived, you have to do things you’ve never done.
- If you want more time in your life, show time some respect.
- All life is either moving forward and evolving or shrinking back and dying.
- Do not waste your precious time giving one single crap about what anybody else thinks of you.
- It’s just as easy to believe we’re awesome as it is to believe we’re giant sucking things.
- You are perfect. To think anything less is as pointless as a river thinking that it’s got too many curves or that it moves too slowly or that its rapids are too rapid. Says who? You’re on a journey with no defined beginning, middle or end. There are no wrong twists and turns. There is just being. And your job is to be as you as you can be. This is why you’re here. To shy away from who you truly are would leave the world you-less. You are the only you there is and ever will be. I repeat, you are the only you there is and ever will be. Do not deny the world its one and only chance to bask in your brilliance.
- Most people are living in an illusion based on someone else’s beliefs.
- You aren’t a better person for feeling guilty or bad about yourself, just a sadder one.
- When we get so wrapped up in our heads, we miss out on what’s available to us right now in the moment.
- Do what you can do in joy, instead of trying to do it all in misery.
- The more time you spend in the moment, the richer your life will be.
- Forgiving isn’t about being nice to them, it’s about being nice to yourself.
- Everything you do along your journey contributes to where you’re going.
- The only failure is quitting. Everything else is just gathering information.
- If you’re serious about changing your life, you’ll find a way. If you’re not, you’ll find an excuse.
- You are responsible for what you say and do. You are not responsible for whether or not people freak out about it.
Want to read more inspiring quotes? Check out these posts: