Vishen Lakhiani is the Founder of Mindvalley and author of The Code of The Extraordinary Mind. He is one of the biggest leaders encouraging individuals across the world to raise their level of consciousness and begin living an inspired, creative life.
He teaches that we create our reality through our thoughts and beliefs about the world, and that if we can drop the pre-conditioned, often limiting beliefs that are imposed upon us by the world around us, we can begin to live a more inspired, abundant, and fulfilling life.
The key is to define your passions, and then go about attaining them, all the while focusing on having fun, and prioritizing your joy.
In this post, I share 50 of the most inspiring quotes by Vishen Lakhiani. Most of the are quotes from The Code of The Extraordinary Mind: 10 Unconventional Laws to Redefine Your Life and Succeed On Your Own Terms. The remainder are taking from Lakhiani’s speeches and other writings.
Comment below to let me know your favorite, or share more quotes by Lakhiani if you have them!
Inspiring Quotes from The Code of The Extraordinary Mind
- We’ve progressed as human beings in terms of our physical evolution, but not so much in terms of our mental progression – our mental evolution.
- The idea that you need to set realistic goals is one of the dumbest ideas I’ve ever encountered. And it holds so many people back.
- If you can accept any model of reality, why not choose one that suggests that you can literally bend reality with your mind?
- You can hack your brain through the right techniques to train your brain to make you be enough.
- Have big goals—but don’t tie your happiness to your goals. You must be happy before you attain them.
- If there’s something I don’t like about anything, I do not bitch about it, I change it.
- Stress, anxiety, boredom, confidence, excitement, engagement are all contagious.
- If we care what other people think about us, good or bad, we limit our abilities.
- When you train yourself to not just think about the future, but to also celebrate where you came from – to think about where you were two years ago and pay attention to that gap – that’s when you’re able to create happiness in the now.
- You are nothing more than a God-Particle in a meat body on a giant rock hurling through space having a ton of fun.
- Hack your past with forgiveness. Hack your present with mindfulness. And hack your future with: “I am enough.”
- Forgiveness is about looking at the shit that happened to you in the past and being able to heal that so that you can move on.
- Human beings are not taught how to tap into altered states of awareness to make an impact in the world.
- Most human beings underestimate just how powerful their thoughts are in creating the world around them.
- If you’re chasing the forward gap, the chase will never end. No matter how good life gets, you’ll always be chasing the next idea on the horizon. And just like the actual horizon, you can’t catch it. It will always remain ahead of you. Tying happiness to the attainment of some future goal is like trying to catch up to the horizon. It’s always going to be one step beyond your reach.
- Fears and worries create negative situations that attract more fears and worries.
- People tend to live up to what you expect of them.
- Whether you like it or not, you create your life. Your dominant thoughts shape your life.
- Brules are bullshit rules that we adopt to simplify our understanding of the world.
- To do something big, you have to be prepared for rejection and failure.
- Extra-ordinary minds do not need to seek validation from outside opinion or through the attainment of goals. Instead, they are truly at peace with themselves and the world around them. They live fearlessly.
- Double your happiness.
- We are all connected and therefore should seek understanding with each other.
- Science has shown that gratitude has the single largest correlation with human well-being than any other character trait.
- Friendships and social connections are what lead to the greatest elevation of happiness. Start setting goals for friendships.
- You are part of a larger whole.
- Outside the rules of physics, outside the rules of law, all other rules are meant to be challenged.
- Nothing makes you as happy as when you are living a mission-oriented life, and that mission is designed to push the human race forward.
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by dogma—which is living with the results of other people’s thinking. Don’t let the noise of others’ opinions drown out your own inner voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.
- Today, if you want to succeed at what you do and succeed at life at the same time, you have to tap into a spiritual core.
- Happiness may come from gaining things, but true fulfillment comes from giving things. Give, contribute, share. You become happy when you make others happy.
- Money is neither good nor bad. Money simply multiplies who you are. If you’re a good person, money multiplies that. If you’re a bad person, money multiplies that.
- The most extraordinary people in the world today don’t have a career. They have a mission.
- You don’t just think of a goal and rocket towards it. You first tune in to an internal compass to find out if you are pointing in the right direction.
- The big leap that happened to me and my business came to me when one of my rules disappeared. So much of what we believed about money was complete nonsense. An old rule that we’d been carrying around for years suddenly vanished.
- You are chosen, and your job is to just take the order and make it happen.
- The people making you feel guilty for going your own way and choosing your own life are simply saying, ‘Look at me. I’m better than you because my chains are bigger.’ It takes courage to break those chains and define your own life.” So dare to live your precious days on Earth to their fullest, true to yourself, with open heart and thoughtful mind, and with the courage to change what doesn’t work and accept the consequences. You may find that you can fly farther than you ever imagined.
- Radical forgiveness is the key to the healthiest brain state.
- Forgive yourself or someone else that hurt you every single day.
- You cannot give a kid enough love. You cannot give a kid enough self-love and make them appreciate themselves enough. Because the entire world is bashing them and putting them down.
- It is simple to forgive. It doesn’t happen overnight but with practice you can forgive even the most violent crimes that have happened to you.
- Turn work into play.
- One of the keys to being extraordinary is knowing what rules to follow and what rules to break.
- What if we accepted that things will go wrong – but that this is simply part of life’s beautiful unfolding and that even the biggest failures can have within them the seeds of growth and possibility?
- Gratitude is the key to happiness. When gratitude is practiced regularly and from the heart, it leads to a richer, fuller and more complete life.
- Our culture scape evolved to keep us safe – but in this day and age, we no longer need to fear tigers by the riverbank. Safety is overrated; taking risks is much less likely to kill us than ever before, and that means that playing it safe is more likely just holding us back from the thrills of a life filled with meaning and discovery.
- I’m a big believer in crafting your own philosophy in the world based on your experiences and based on how you want the world to work. I don’t believe in blindly accepting ideas or philosophies from generations past.
- Every time you give someone the power to build you up with praise, you’re also unknowingly giving that person the power to destroy you with criticism. Therefore, accept praise and criticism as nothing more than someone else’s expressions of their models of reality. They have nothing to do with you really are. You are born enough.
- Dream big and your problems become small.
- You don’t have to save the world. Just don’t make it a worse place for the next generation.