Michael Singer is a yogi, author, and meditation teacher who has inspired millions to look at their mind, find harmony in it, and allow happiness to keep flowing through them. These 10 quotes we of his are great to sit down and meditate upon as they can bring you into deep revelations on your own inner workings.
Who Is Michael Singer?
As a yogi practicing since he was 22 you can say Michael Singer has explored the nature of the human mind. You can even quote him saying,
I was not a husband with a beautiful daughter and now three grandchildren who happened to also practice yoga. I am a yogi who was gifted with a beautiful wife, daughter, and grandchildren. I never took my eye off of the spiritual path, not even for a moment. My every breath is yoga; the very beat of my heart is yoga. Yoga has not played a role in my journey — my entire journey has been yoga.in an interview with Yoga Journal
He is the author of The Untethered Soul and The Surrender Experiment which were both New York Times bestsellers that opened the minds of many people from yogis to those never even thinking about meditation before.
Eventually, the journey of his life took him to be a vice president of a medical software company that eventually merged with WebMD. He has been through the corporate world as well as the world of not only living but breathing yoga.
He has even created a free 3 part video series on how to help adjust the viewpoint of the mind to move in from being a dangerous place to a joyful one. He also created Living From A Place Of Surrender course.
It will help guide you to live from a place of surrender. It explains how you can experience spontaneous joy, free yourself from struggle, and ultimately experienced harmony throughout your life by understanding and removing the root of the always talking voice inside your head.
10 Quotes From Michael Singer To Meditate Upon
- Come from a space of peace and you’ll find that you can deal with anything
- In order to be who you are, you must be willing to let go of who you think you are
- There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it
- If you want to be happy, you have to let go of the part of you that wants to create melodrama. This is the part that thinks there’s a reason not to be happy. You have to transcend the personal, and as you do, you will naturally awaken to the higher aspects of your being.
- Letting go of fear is not letting go of life.
- We are constantly trying to hold it all together. If you really want to see why you do things, then don’t do them and see what happens.
- Imagine if you used relationships to get to know other people, rather than to satisfy what is blocked inside of you. If you’re not trying to make people fit into your preconceived notions of what you like and dislike, you will find that relationships are not really that difficult. If you’re not so busy judging and resisting people based upon what is blocked inside of you, you will find that they are much easier to get along with—and so are you. Letting go of yourself is the simplest way to get closer to others.
- There is no reason to constantly attempt to figure everything out
- The psyche is built upon avoiding this pain, and as a result, it has fear of pain as its foundation. That is what caused the psyche to be. To understand this, notice that if the feeling of rejection is a major problem for you, you will fear experiences that cause rejection. That fear will become part of your psyche. Even though the actual events causing rejection are infrequent, you will have to deal with the fear of rejection all the time. That is how we create a pain that is always there. If you are doing something to avoid pain, then pain is running your life. All of your thoughts and feelings will be affected by your fears.
- The only thing you have to know is that opening allows energy in, and closing blocks it out. Now you have to decide whether or not you want this energy. How high do you want to get? How much love do you want to feel? How much enthusiasm do you want to have for the things you do? If enjoying a full life means experiencing high energy, love, and enthusiasm all the time, then don’t ever close
Looking To Begin Meditating?
We have created a 30-day meditation course that will guide beginners to start their meditation practice and provide the necessary tools and assistance to do so successfully.