Om Ritam Namah – Meaning and Definition
Om Ritam Namah is a mantra for truth, openness, receptivity, and awareness. The mantra can be broken into each of the three parts. As you may already know, “OM” (which is sometimes spelled “Aum”) is said to be the sound of God, or the sound of the universe.
Most literally, ritam might be translates as “truth” or “knowledge of reality,” while namah refers to one’s ability to surrender the ego-mind to the universal, and open an individual sense of self to receive a higher awareness of All That Is.
Thus, when taken together, Om Ritam Namah is a prayer to open oneself to the truth of reality, and an awareness of the universal energy, or God-force.
Guided Recording for Mantra Meditation
Try this short guided meditation to practice incorporating Om Ritam Namah into your affirmations and mantra practice!
Sutra Statements for Ritam
This idea is also included in Day 7 of Deepak Chopra’s week-long series of mantra principles that you can incorporate into your daily life. He outlines these principles in his book Synchrodestiny.
Each principle also includes a series of sutra statements, or affirmations, that can help you to internalize each mantra. Read the following statements slowly, pausing after each in order to intuit the deeper meaning behind each idea. In this way, you can begin to embody the energy of Ritam and bring it into your daily life.
- Imagine that you move in rhythm with the impulses of a conscious universe.
- Imagine that you dance to the rhythm of the universe.
- Imagine that your body’s rhythms are in perfect order.
- Imagine that your body is a symphony.
- Imagine that you are the harmony of the universe.
- Imagine that every time you seek something, the universe provides clues in the form of coincidences.
- Imagine that there is a connection between what happens in your dreams and what happens in your waking life.
- Imagine that you are transforming and evolving into a higher being.
- Imagine that there is meaning and purpose to everything that happens and everything you do.
- Imagine that you have a contribution to make to the world.
- Imagine that life is full of coincidences.
- Imagine that you notice what others may not notice.
- Imagine that you see the hidden meaning behind events.
- Imagine that life is full of peak experiences.
- Imagine that you have unique talents that you use to serve and help others.
- Imagine that all your relationships are nurturing and playful.
- Imagine that you delight in play and humor.
Browse the other daily principles from Synchrodestiny: