The saying “fake it till you make it” can actually beneficial in some scenarios. Especially in regards to affirmations. Why is that? When we turn our thoughts from negative to positive we have the ability to change our entire world.
How Affirmations Work
We all feel good after hearing an authentic compliment especially if it deeply resonates with us. In fact, in our human nature, we can even find ourselves striving for positive feedback in order to affirm our worth.
When working with affirmations there is no need to strive for someone else’s approval. You affirm your own worth, skillset, beauty, or reality you desire to yourself. This is practiced even if it isn’t something you fully believe.
“An affirmation is almost like a mantra. It does not really matter if what you are affirming is not totally true as yet. By repeating an affirmation over and over again, it becomes embedded in the subconscious mind, and eventually it becomes your reality.”Stuart Wilde
Stuart Wilde best explains where this fake it till you make it saying comes in with affirmations. Repetitive positive affirmations begin to reprogram even your subconscious mind to a positive belief system. There are many reasons this reprogramming is so powerful.
When working with self-love affirmations you can then begin to rewire your mind to befriend yourself and break self-sabotaging cycles. This will also work to boost your self-esteem and self-confidence.
The Benefits To Positive Affirmations
Choose What You Belief
One reason can be explained through Byron Katie’s teachings. The foundation of “The Work” she teaches is that your thoughts are what cause you to suffer. You are either questioning them or believing them.
If you choose to stick with a thought that says I am ugly you will not feel good about yourself. The first time you create a shift and tell yourself I am radiant you may not feel that way at first. Over time it will become easier to choose to believe this thought.
“The company you keep is important. If you leave your coat in a room where people are smoking, pretty soon it will smell of smoke. If you leave it outside in the garden, later on, when you bring it indoors, it will carry with it the fragrance of fresh air and flowers. Such is the case with the mind. Your garment of thoughts absorbs the vibrations of those with whom you mix.”Swami Kriyananda
This quote from Swami Kriyananda explains by committing to your affirmations you will begin to actualize self-healing.
Law of Attraction
Another reason why positive affirmations can help you self-heal is because of the way the law of attraction works. Simply put the law of attraction is that which you believe and focus on you create in your life.
When you allow yourself to feel the joy behind each affirmation you begin attuning yourself to become a vibrational match to the affirmation. This means you bring yourself into harmony with the reality where this affirmation exists in a physical form.
You then stop being a vibrational match for a reality where that affirmation doesn’t exist. Learn more about the law of attraction and your mindset here.
Our List Of Positive Affirmations:
We have multiple lists as well as resources so that you can find the right affirmations to integrate and attune your being to. Before you make sure to check out our article on how to use positive affirmations effectively.
Below is a list of self-love affirmations:
- I am worthy of unconditional love
- I have everything I need within myself
- I accept and love myself fully
- I welcome love into my life
- I fully give myself credit
- Self-love comes to me with ease
- I release the need to judge myself and my body
- I deserve to feel proud of myself
- I accept myself unconditionally
- I have a specific place to fill in this world
- I am wholeheartedly divine
- Love surrounds and guides me
- I radiate beauty inside and out
- I am worthy of respect and appreciation
- I receive love in avalanches
Below is a list of self-healing affirmations:
- I value and honor my boundaries
- I am at the epitome of health and strength
- I see myself as everything I love myself as everyone
- I fully trust that others do know what is best for them
- I pay attention to my inner callings and apply my own uniqueness to everything I undertake
- I forgive myself for every time I chose to withhold love from myself
- I choose to shine my light brightly I am allowed to take up space
- My work is needed in this world
- I am powerful
Below is a list to manifest love affirmations:
- Love is always available to me
- I find love within myself, and see it reflected through others
- I like the idea of being in love
- Every day, I feel more and more love for myself
- I am infinitely, divinely loved
- I like the idea that I don’t need to do anything to be loved I am perfect, just as I am
- My partner sees in me the qualities I love most about myself
- I am always receptive to new forms of love
- The Universe loves every aspect of my being, right now. I am infinitely worthy of this love
- I love loving everything