Journaling can be an incredibly potent mirror into your subconscious and emotional body or it can remain surface level. The depth and benefit you can reap from it is up to you.
In this article, we will guide you on the steps and approaches you need to take in order to get the most out of journaling and how to cleanse the third eye chakra with it. Learn what causes the chakras to be blocked here.
How To Intentionally Journal
Journaling creates a space to self-analyze and self-reflect. Being quiet with your thoughts, confronting suppressed emotions, and being completely and totally honest with yourself may seem overwhelming. You may even find resistance and hesitancy to journaling because of this.
Although this is just where the benefit of journaling lies. It creates an opportunity to perform work with the subconscious also known as the shadow aspects within Jungian psychology.
Journaling exercises and provides healing for the throat chakra, no matter what topic you are writing on. Especially if you allow yourself to be completely honest and surrender to the process of unraveling your thoughts and emotions.
Trusting in the process and being authentic are key components to intentionally journaling. When you feel emotions come up allow them to flow through you objectively and do not attach a story to them.
A regular meditation practice can help one strengthen the muscles that you use to self reflect and analyze. To begin cultivating deeper mindfulness and to expand not only your self-awareness but ultimately your happiness, try this guided meditation to increase intuition.
You can create a sort of ritual or intention to set the space before beginning as this can help focus the mind. Over time this can trigger the mind to instinctually remember to let its guard down when exposed to certain ritual stimulants.
We recommend taking the time to center yourself before beginning journaling. This can be done with a short 5-minute pranayama practice such as practicing Anuloma Viloma. This can include burning sage before journaling, lighting candles, playing quiet sound healing music, or even saying a blessing aloud before beginning.
The Chakras and Journaling
Since you are reading this page and have made it this far it is no coincidence that you have healing you can uncover by looking into your third eye chakra, or Ajna in Sanskrit. You can begin by following these journal prompts.
You can stick to the journal prompts and try one a day or you may skim through the journal prompts and choose one that you feel the most emotion behind when thinking about answering. This can manifest as a prompt you are resistant to or a prompt you feel leads you to unexpressed emotions.
Each of the chakras correlates to specific emotional bodies and aspects. Through journaling, we are able to clear out any trapped or unprocessed emotions within here. This will create a ripple effect in purifying the physical body as well.
Journal Prompt For The Third Eye Chakra
It may seem counterproductive to diver deeper into highly charged emotional scenarios, but writing on paper actually allows you to physically release these emotions from your body.
Also, our bodies and hearts naturally heal themselves. By giving ourselves time to empty out our emotional body, we return to our natural state and begin to heal.
When writing you are able to view your experiences from almost a third-party perspective. This brings with it an ability to increase wisdom, provide more self-love, and find solutions.
The sixth chakra otherwise known as the third eye chakra is related to the element of light and has to with our intellect and perception. To connect to this chakra more so when writing, you can use a writing instrument in the color indigo. Learn how colors can help produce healing.
The third eye chakra is our bridge between learned intelligence and intuitive wisdom. It gives us the ability to see past habitually integrated information and read in between the lines to recognize the truth.
An open third eye chakra works to perceive objectively so that one’s personal bias does not block them from the entirety of the situation. It is also related to gaining information from extrasensory perception. This means perceiving through the even more subtle layers of life.
This chakra relates to clear thinking without becoming tangled within illusions, fears, or past emotional trauma. It involves trusting instincts and valuing possible immediate discomfort from truth over immediate comfort from false perception.
- Finish the sentence, ” I wish I didn’t know..”. Write down everything that comes to mind without trying to filter. The goal is to allow these feelings to surface even if they are subtle. Keep finishing the sentence with as many instances that come to mind. Keep writing on the topic until you feel you have written it all down. Now write down 10 empowering things you love about yourself. Once you have done that you can continue to the next step. The next step is to acknowledge you would be completely different if you didn’t find out the truth even if it felt ugly. You have extracted beauty from it.
- In what instance have I felt my inner voice or intuition? How did you know? What did it feel or sound like?
- Do I easily trust my own intuition?
- Use your visualization skills and write down what the happiest version of you looks like. To learn 3 visualization techniques click here.
- Where in my life may I be afraid to see the truth?
- When do I feel myself close my mind? What topics do I feel to heated to discuss? Is there any way I can let go to open my mind more?
- Where do I crave more authenticity in my life?
- In what ways do I see things that others don’t?
- How would I perceive myself as a third party perspective?
Other Sources Of Third Eye Chakra Healing
Click below to learn more about the other chakras: